|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on May 29, 2019 at 2:20 PM||comments (0)|
Well looks like our �� sponsor has managed to outdo itself yet again!
Come out and run with us at lululemon in Downtown Summerlin for Global Running Day on Wednesday June 5th and be part of this massive event.
Food and treats from Kona Ice, Rocco's Pizza, and Glazed Doughnuts. Hydration provided by Nuun and special guest appearances by Bark Andre Fleury. Dj ToneArmz will be providing awesome music to get the party started. Special guest speaker will be local elite runner Christina Vergara Aleshire
Raffle prizes to benefit Girls on the Run - Las Vegas
Oh and the raffle prizes will BLOW YOUR MIND!
Raffle Prizes include:
- Pair of ALTRA shoes from Performance Footwear
- 3 Bristlecone Events race entries for a future events
- 2 Sport Massages from Thrive Massage & Fitness (owned by local runner Natalia Murua)
- Krayvings gift cards and juice vouchers
- 1 month free at Power Hour 360. Choose your location Power Hour 360 - Northwest Power Hour 360 - Summerlin Power Hour 360 - Henderson Power Hour 360 - Southwest and 1 week free of nutritious meals from You Are What You Eat Meals (@uarewhatueatmeals)
- 1 Orangetheory Fitness gift bags with 1 week free at Orangetheory Fitness West Flamingo/215; / Orangetheory Fitness Las Vegas-Summerlin
- 1 gift bag with 1 month free at Pure Barre
- 1 private yoga for runners session with Roxann Smith (Educator at lululemon)
- Simply Skin Las Vegas laser hair removal treatment
- 4 tickets for Las Vegas Aviators Baseball Team (2 tickets for Friday June 21st & 2 tickets for Saturday June 22nd)
- Movie pack (4 movie passes, candy, and popcorn)
- 15-20 Runner Swag Bags (lululemon product and gels/fuel)
- Autographed hat and shirt from Kellyn Taylor (Elite marathoner and reigning Rock And Roll 1/2 Marathon Las Vegas Champion)
- Autographed shoes and photo card from Rachel Schneider (currently holds the #1 time in the world in the 5,000m)
- Autographed race kit from Rio Olymoics from Shelby Houlihan (American Record Holder in the 5,000m)
- Autographed Canada themed merchandise from Natasha Wodak (2016 Olympian and 10k Canadian National Record Holder)
- Pair of Adidas shoes and autographed photo card from Georganne Rochelle Moline (2012 Olympian and World Champion in the 4x400m/American Record Holder)
- 1 60 minute adult coaching consultation from Nicole Sifuentes (2 time Canadian Olympian and 2015 Silver Medalist at the Pan AM Games)
- Signed spikes, photo card, and New Balance t-shirt from Kim Conley (2 time Olympian and 2015 US Half Marathon Champion)
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on March 10, 2019 at 2:05 PM||comments (0)|
Jon Russell would travel across state lines to compete at the San Diego Half Marathon and secure not only a PR but also an age group win. Jon would place 11th overall en route to a 1:16:11, making him the top finisher from Nevada. Jon's time would be a four minute improvement from his previous best time.
Huge congratulations to Jon for another strong performance
Results for this event can be seen by clicking on the link below:
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on March 3, 2019 at 6:05 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on February 24, 2019 at 11:25 PM||comments (0)|
Jon Russell made his official team debut at the Red Rock Canyon Half Marathon this morning taking FIRST OVERALL in 1:21:31. Jon would defend his title from 2018 en route to finishing 8 minutes ahead of the runner up.
Congratulations on the successful title defense and WAY TO REPRESENT!
Results for this event can be seen here.
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on February 15, 2019 at 1:30 PM||comments (0)|
As the 2019 season has fully kicked off we are also excited to announce some NEW faces that will be representing our clan chasing after medals, goals, and PRs.
We would like to welcome Sierra Rosee to our women's race team.
Sierra takes on roads and trails and has been on a tear blazing up 3 PRs in the 10 mile, half marathon, and marathon distance.
We know this fierce kitty lover will represent us proudly and do even bigger things this season!
On the men's side we would like to announce another new roster addition.
We would like to welcome Jon Russell to our men's roster.
Jon is current the Summerlin Half Marathon & Red Rock Half Marathon defending champion.
We know this fast running, road blazing, Strava crown earning, newly turned dad will represent us well.
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on February 13, 2019 at 6:00 PM||comments (0)|
Tanner Strong 5K
Sunday, March 10, 2019
Start Time: 9am @ 215 Beltway Trail at Centennial Parkway
Over Thanksgiving weekend of 2018, 21-year-old Tanner Huesch was out with friends on a Friday and was shot in the back. He had surgery to repair a punctured lung but unfortunately, his spine was damaged enough to cause paralysis below the waist. Tanner was sent to Craig Hospital in Colorado for surgery and rehab and is now home. The costs to Tanner and his family will be immense and the goal of this event is to raise badly needed funds to cover his continuing treatment and progress.
For more inforamation about the event click the link below:
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on February 12, 2019 at 3:45 AM||comments (0)|
Alan Carreno would runaway from the competition at the inaugural Vegas Golden Night-Day 10k hosted by Calico Racing. Alan would win the race by more than six minutes crossing the line in 34:01, improving his 10K PR by 18 seconds.
Results for this event can be seen here.
Over in the land of the valley of the Sun, Alejandro Belmares placed 34th overall in the Mesa Half Marathon posting a 5 second PR in 1:15:26.
Results for this event can be seen here.
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on February 11, 2019 at 1:25 PM||comments (0)|
This picture does little justice to capture the kind of person you were.
Three years ago we lost a teammate, runner, training partner, but above all else a friend.
Keep on running in Paradise Johnny.
03/29/94 - 1/11/16
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on January 1, 2019 at 1:15 PM||comments (0)|
Our sponsor is doing a challenge!
Lululemon has a 2 week Strava challenge from January 2nd and ending January 15th.
Do it! The prizes are worth it! Tell your running buddies too! All runners are eligible.
1. Run 25 miles in the 2 weeks and win a good prize.
2. Run 50 miles in the two weeks and win a great prize.
So get on Strava, join the challenge, head outside, kick asphalt and log those miles to pick up your goodies at the Lululemon in Downtown Summerlin OR Fashion Show Mall OR Ceaser's Palace, OR Green Valley Pop Up, OR Miracle Mile.
To our friends from afar visit your local Lululemon store to get your prize.
Strava athletes who run 40 kilometers during the challenge period will receive a digital badge in their Strava feed. Participants who run 80 total kilometers will receive a second badge.
PLEASE NOTE THAT MANUAL ENTRIES WILL NOT COUNT FOR TOWARDS THE CHALLENGE!
To learn more about how to use Strava, please visit the Strava Support Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All other inquiries can be addressed by contacting lululemon's regional support centers.
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on October 22, 2018 at 4:30 AM||comments (0)|
For the first time in almost four years NER would field a complete roster for a race event.
Led by Alan Carreno, NER would land six runners in the top 15, with five being among the first ten finishers at the inagrual Red Rock Canyon 10 mile race held by Bristlecone Events. Alan would place second overall in 55:48, followed by run club member Jon Russell's 4th place finish in 57:55. Alejandro Belmares would land in 5th place overall and take second in the 30-39 age group (with Jon Russell taking 1st), in a time of 58:15. Brent Shirley would make his official team debut at the event earning 10th overall in 1:01:20 (4th in the 30-39 age group). Run Club members/sisters Bree Thorpe and Mercy Sells would place 2nd overall in the women's division (9th in the general standings), and 4th in womens (13th in general standings). Bree would run 1:00:49, followed by Mercy's 1:06:17. Spouses/Run Club members Ericka Rios would place 19th overall (8th female) in 1:11:38 earning a second place finish in the 40-49 age group, followed by Pedro Rios Sr in 1:12:14 in 20th overall (2nd 40-49 age group).