|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on August 26, 2019 at 1:55 PM||comments (1)|
Alan Carreno and Alejandro Belmares represented NER during the summer months locally and out of state with some blazing performances.
Alan kicked off his summer racing with back to back events in Durango, Colorado on May 25-26. The first being a 48 mile bicycle race where he placed 8th in the 18-34 age category. The following day, Alan ran the Narrow Gauge 10 mile race that features a mile long climb with an elevation profile of 6% 8 miles into the event. Alan would place second overall in 1:00:35.
Two weeks later at the City Impact Beachfront 10k, Alejandro Belmares would set the course record en route to a 34:44 winning time. Alejandro's time would be 51 seconds faster than the runner up, as well as his second win in the 10k distance this season.
That same weekend Sierra DeGroff competed in the Squaw Peak 50 Mile Trail Race. The race held in Utah would be the host of the 50 mile trail US Championships. Sierra would cover the course in 12:28:22, on a course featuring over 14,000 feet of elevation gain/loss along with 5 climbs that can be as much as 3,000 feet with snow present.
On July 4th, Alan and Alejandro represented NER at the 4th of July 5k Blast. Alann would place second overall in 16:15, shaving off 18 seconds off his old personal best. Alejandro would place 6th overall in 17:18 and capture third place in the 30-39 age group category.
At the Cypress 10k on July 27th, Alejandro would finish as the 8th male in 35:26, in a race won by Mexico's national record holder in the mile.
Sierra would then compete at the Legends of Cross Country 5k on August 16th. Held at Sunset Park this year, Sierra would cover the 3.1 mile course in 19:08 winning the 25-29 age group and finishing as the fourth female overall.
On August 24th in Manitou Springs Colorado, Alan Carreno would compete at the Pikes Peak Ascension. Alan could place 11th overall in 2:40:56, taking third overall in the 25-29 age group. The Pikes Peak Ascension race features an average gradient of 11% while runners gain more than 7,000 feet of elevation. Temperatures also average in the mid 50s for this event which tells runners to use their flat marathon time as a course estimate.
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on May 29, 2019 at 2:20 PM||comments (0)|
Well looks like our �� sponsor has managed to outdo itself yet again!
Come out and run with us at lululemon in Downtown Summerlin for Global Running Day on Wednesday June 5th and be part of this massive event.
Food and treats from Kona Ice, Rocco's Pizza, and Glazed Doughnuts. Hydration provided by Nuun and special guest appearances by Bark Andre Fleury. Dj ToneArmz will be providing awesome music to get the party started. Special guest speaker will be local elite runner Christina Vergara Aleshire
Raffle prizes to benefit Girls on the Run - Las Vegas
Oh and the raffle prizes will BLOW YOUR MIND!
Raffle Prizes include:
- Pair of ALTRA shoes from Performance Footwear
- 3 Bristlecone Events race entries for a future events
- 2 Sport Massages from Thrive Massage & Fitness (owned by local runner Natalia Murua)
- Krayvings gift cards and juice vouchers
- 1 month free at Power Hour 360. Choose your location Power Hour 360 - Northwest Power Hour 360 - Summerlin Power Hour 360 - Henderson Power Hour 360 - Southwest and 1 week free of nutritious meals from You Are What You Eat Meals (@uarewhatueatmeals)
- 1 Orangetheory Fitness gift bags with 1 week free at Orangetheory Fitness West Flamingo/215; / Orangetheory Fitness Las Vegas-Summerlin
- 1 gift bag with 1 month free at Pure Barre
- 1 private yoga for runners session with Roxann Smith (Educator at lululemon)
- Simply Skin Las Vegas laser hair removal treatment
- 4 tickets for Las Vegas Aviators Baseball Team (2 tickets for Friday June 21st & 2 tickets for Saturday June 22nd)
- Movie pack (4 movie passes, candy, and popcorn)
- 15-20 Runner Swag Bags (lululemon product and gels/fuel)
- Autographed hat and shirt from Kellyn Taylor (Elite marathoner and reigning Rock And Roll 1/2 Marathon Las Vegas Champion)
- Autographed shoes and photo card from Rachel Schneider (currently holds the #1 time in the world in the 5,000m)
- Autographed race kit from Rio Olymoics from Shelby Houlihan (American Record Holder in the 5,000m)
- Autographed Canada themed merchandise from Natasha Wodak (2016 Olympian and 10k Canadian National Record Holder)
- Pair of Adidas shoes and autographed photo card from Georganne Rochelle Moline (2012 Olympian and World Champion in the 4x400m/American Record Holder)
- 1 60 minute adult coaching consultation from Nicole Sifuentes (2 time Canadian Olympian and 2015 Silver Medalist at the Pan AM Games)
- Signed spikes, photo card, and New Balance t-shirt from Kim Conley (2 time Olympian and 2015 US Half Marathon Champion)
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on March 10, 2019 at 2:05 PM||comments (0)|
Jon Russell would travel across state lines to compete at the San Diego Half Marathon and secure not only a PR but also an age group win. Jon would place 11th overall en route to a 1:16:11, making him the top finisher from Nevada. Jon's time would be a four minute improvement from his previous best time.
Huge congratulations to Jon for another strong performance
Results for this event can be seen by clicking on the link below:
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on March 3, 2019 at 6:05 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on February 24, 2019 at 11:25 PM||comments (0)|
Jon Russell made his official team debut at the Red Rock Canyon Half Marathon this morning taking FIRST OVERALL in 1:21:31. Jon would defend his title from 2018 en route to finishing 8 minutes ahead of the runner up.
Congratulations on the successful title defense and WAY TO REPRESENT!
Results for this event can be seen here.
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on February 15, 2019 at 1:30 PM||comments (0)|
As the 2019 season has fully kicked off we are also excited to announce some NEW faces that will be representing our clan chasing after medals, goals, and PRs.
We would like to welcome Sierra Rosee to our women's race team.
Sierra takes on roads and trails and has been on a tear blazing up 3 PRs in the 10 mile, half marathon, and marathon distance.
We know this fierce kitty lover will represent us proudly and do even bigger things this season!
On the men's side we would like to announce another new roster addition.
We would like to welcome Jon Russell to our men's roster.
Jon is current the Summerlin Half Marathon & Red Rock Half Marathon defending champion.
We know this fast running, road blazing, Strava crown earning, newly turned dad will represent us well.
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on February 13, 2019 at 6:00 PM||comments (0)|
Tanner Strong 5K
Sunday, March 10, 2019
Start Time: 9am @ 215 Beltway Trail at Centennial Parkway
Over Thanksgiving weekend of 2018, 21-year-old Tanner Huesch was out with friends on a Friday and was shot in the back. He had surgery to repair a punctured lung but unfortunately, his spine was damaged enough to cause paralysis below the waist. Tanner was sent to Craig Hospital in Colorado for surgery and rehab and is now home. The costs to Tanner and his family will be immense and the goal of this event is to raise badly needed funds to cover his continuing treatment and progress.
For more inforamation about the event click the link below:
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on February 12, 2019 at 3:45 AM||comments (0)|
Alan Carreno would runaway from the competition at the inaugural Vegas Golden Night-Day 10k hosted by Calico Racing. Alan would win the race by more than six minutes crossing the line in 34:01, improving his 10K PR by 18 seconds.
Results for this event can be seen here.
Over in the land of the valley of the Sun, Alejandro Belmares placed 34th overall in the Mesa Half Marathon posting a 5 second PR in 1:15:26.
Results for this event can be seen here.
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on February 11, 2019 at 1:25 PM||comments (0)|
This picture does little justice to capture the kind of person you were.
Three years ago we lost a teammate, runner, training partner, but above all else a friend.
Keep on running in Paradise Johnny.
03/29/94 - 1/11/16
|Posted by Alejandro Belmares on January 1, 2019 at 1:15 PM||comments (0)|
Our sponsor is doing a challenge!
Lululemon has a 2 week Strava challenge from January 2nd and ending January 15th.
Do it! The prizes are worth it! Tell your running buddies too! All runners are eligible.
1. Run 25 miles in the 2 weeks and win a good prize.
2. Run 50 miles in the two weeks and win a great prize.
So get on Strava, join the challenge, head outside, kick asphalt and log those miles to pick up your goodies at the Lululemon in Downtown Summerlin OR Fashion Show Mall OR Ceaser's Palace, OR Green Valley Pop Up, OR Miracle Mile.
To our friends from afar visit your local Lululemon store to get your prize.
Strava athletes who run 40 kilometers during the challenge period will receive a digital badge in their Strava feed. Participants who run 80 total kilometers will receive a second badge.
PLEASE NOTE THAT MANUAL ENTRIES WILL NOT COUNT FOR TOWARDS THE CHALLENGE!
To learn more about how to use Strava, please visit the Strava Support Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All other inquiries can be addressed by contacting lululemon's regional support centers.